Saturday, August 8, 2015

Wedsnesday Addams on the "F" word

Okay, so my blogs aren't always identical to the last, thank you ADD! That's what keeps me interesting, or annoying or 100% right or dead wrong or whatever you consider me while you read my posts.

It seems the latest fashion which everyone is wearing on their sleeves is "Feelings".
I mean we all have them, some of us apparently don't inherit the fashion sense of wearing them on our sleeves just because everyone else is.

I am proudly a member of the "Suck it up Buttercup" generation, and the product of "You get what you get and don't throw a fit" raising's. Guess what? Out of fashion, retro or not, I am proud of coming up in that era. We are the last of the dying breed where every little thing doesn't offend us.

I am sure you have all experienced at least one person in your life that is compulsively offended by every. single. thing. These people have been raised in the "Bubble" and "You owe me" generation, and who like to wear their feelings on their sleeves, every second of everyday.

 I am a firm believer you can have a good educated debate about something, and have completely different views, and still be friends, and be respectful. So while filing at work one day I had a girl start a debate with me, as we filed the 4 foot tall stack of papers. She told me how she felt about a certain subject, and I told her I didn't agree and why. She told me then that I had offended her. I told her I was sorry my differing views had offended her and that it wasn't my intent, that is just how I felt. Don't you know she went to H&R with and told them I had hurt her feelings! On a debate she started no less!  Nothing came of it. A few weeks later while making a cup of coffee, I was told by another co-worked that (let's call her Jenny) Jenny was still offended, and her feelings hurt. So I said politely that I was really sorry for that, but I wasn't going to change the way I felt about the subject to accommodate Jenny. The next day Steven told me now both Jenny and Margie were offended, and had hurt feelings. You get the point...

Honestly people if all this life gives you is offense and a hurt feeling or two, count your damn blessings. I will take my suffer in silence generation over this new butt-hurt generation that thinks one differing view deserves an apology at every turn, any day of the week.

-Wednesday Addams

No comments:

Post a Comment