Wednesday, August 12, 2015

People vs Animals

Vicious breeds. When I say that I imagine a Pit-bull or a Rottweiler comes to mind.  I was a little more than shocked that Boxer Bulldog made the list, as I own two. I had to stop and consider. I am in no way diminishing the victims of said vicious dog attacks by giving my thoughts, but I still want to share my view. I do not think this label applies only to dogs or animals!

Vicious Breed. You know what? Some of the most vicious breeds I have ever encountered are PEOPLE. Yeah, I said people. Why people? I will tell you why people. A person will turn on you in the blink of an eye, with little or no warning. You could be friends, neighbors, or even family. You can love them, give them a place to live, a roof over their head, and they will still turn on you. Despite the way they are raised, they will sail your butt right down the river to save their own hide, or better yet, they can turn and bite the hand that feeds them so to speak. I expect in a way that an animal not of my species may in some way revert back to being undomesticated, because well they do not speak our language, they aren’t as progressive as people, they are not of our species.

So what about the people that are of our species, our mindset, and understanding of our language, and in some cases of our own lineage? When they do mean stuff to us, are they too, vicious breeds, or maybe something worse? I know you are thinking, “Jules, you lost me here, because people don’t do damage, not like a vicious dog.” That’s not true.

Sometimes the damage inflicted by friends or loved ones for no apparent reason, hurt just as bad. Just because the scars are internalized doesn’t make them less, it makes it different. I have literally bent over backwards to help people, only to have them tell people a strand of lies and BS about me that never happened, they have went after my livelihood, just because, and told stories I shared with them in confidence, just to hurt me. That’s pretty vicious, especially coming from supposedly forward thinking individuals that fancy themselves on a pedestal above beasts.

We have people that murder one another, for apparently no reason at all, dismantle them, and throw them away. We have people giving birth and throwing the infants in the garbage. We have ruthless people that kill people for insurance gains. We are killing one another because we are different. People are chaining their children to porches. Look though any world history book, I mean the actual book, not what people tell you, and look at the human condition, the senseless murders. The Boston Bombing, the Holocaust, The Trial of Tears, and many more, and explain to me the difference. People can be vicious breeds too. Maybe we should look less at the dog, and consider the current state of humanity. We aren’t so much better.
 
Maybe we need to reconsider the term vicious breed and allow it to encompass more than some wild undomesticated dog or feral cat, because some people are surely ruthless enough to be considered vicious breeds themselves.

Signed, Humanity can do better.


 **This post is in no way making light of victims of animal attacks but to make people see the parallel between bad people and bad animals.**

No comments:

Post a Comment