Monday, August 3, 2015

Preconcieved Judgements...and why you shouldn't judge...

Its easy to look at someone and judge them based on their appearance or prehaps how they live. Let's stop doing that.  There is so much beneath the surface, that you have no idea why a person behaves or has a lifestyle like they do. For example, I went into a boutique I had never been in without my two children that have basicallt condemned me to shopping on-line because they don't want to look at "girl" stuff...lol, or rather I just don't know how to make it fun for them. So I went in in shorts and a t-shirt not realizing it was sort of an upperscale place. I was eyed the moment I walked in the door. I assumed it was because I was frumpy and looking the whole store over. In breezed a cute well dressed gal with all the bling and glitz going on, and a really cute layered look, which I thought was odd in August, but hey what do I know about fashion? I wear super hero t-shirts to make my kids smile!  In breezed the girl, and she was like a fashion tornado taking something off every rack and going to the dressing room. No one batted an eye at her, I was followed through the store and offered help at least 10 times in fifteen minutes. I was rather impressed with the customer service, and quite oblivious until I heard the door chime ring, and a the fashionista exited with haste. Quickly the CSR's started scrambling around and looking at one another and then one girl produced 5 empty hangers from the dressing room. Then it clicked! They thought I was going to steal! Boy did they peg me wrong! I mean, sometimes I just enjoy looking like a scallywag...lol. My point is, when you see someone looking at your junky dresser you set out on the curb on big trash day, don't freak out and judge them, they may not have a dresser, or knows someone who doesn't. If someones home is what you deem dirty instead of judging them, why not help them clean it maybe they battle with depression. If someones yard looks less appealing than yours and is cluttered, how about turn your head, because they may be suffering form PTSD or some other neurological issue that has them attached to the things you consider junk.
My point is everyone has the right to a happy life, just because your idea of happy and mine are different doesn't mean one or both of us aren't entitled to be happy. Quit judging the exterior, judge the heart, and the actions of a kind soul. I think often times people forget...It doesn't matter who the messenger is....the question is, did you get the message?

No comments:

Post a Comment