Friday, July 12, 2013

Dirty Laundry


 

Yes they are among us. In my recent personal endeavors I have discovered a number of “member only” social media forums where people go to trash other people, or talk in private about other people with people like themselves. Call it what you will. I call it Dirty Laundry. I call it childish. If no one else is going to say something or post something about it, it might as well be me. Like me or leave me, I am what I am.

A couple of the forums that come to mind are back-ended chat rooms with member invite only to get in and socialize about other people. Another recent one that comes to mind is Whisper app. Where you can go on and write whatever you want to anonymously, and without repercussion. WOW. Really? Long gone are the days when if you had a problem with someone you tried to talk about it with them. You tried to find a common ground for sake of business and human decency. Now if you don’t like something about someone you can just join this forums, and tell the world about how you don’t like that person etc. Cyber Bully much? How about slander? Ring a bell? It is like high school on-line. I guess I am just old school, but it never once occurred to me, that if I was dealing with someone I did not like, that I would smile to their face just to beat a path home, and caps lock them to death in private forums. I generally tried to rationalize with the person agree to disagree, and try to keep a peaceful common denominator in mind, and just not hang out with them in my spare time. After all, maybe YOU aren’t someone else’s cup of tea either. I mean who would I be to go on and talk about someone else, when I am sure people call me opinionated and blunt, which by the way is a fact. I guess my whole point is this.

When you have a bad day, go home, have a drink, talk it out with your spouse, and let him/her vent back, then get up off your duff, and go for a walk! Take your kids for a walk or to disc golf or throw them a baseball, and forget about the things that irritate you most, because you just might be the topic of conversation in someone else’s house. Don’t fall into the trap of dirty laundry. Because my friends, if they talk about people with you, then they will talk about you. Dirty Laundry. Don’t be a victim, stand out from the crowd. Go left when everyone else is going right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xr31XbSOU This video says it all...lol

 

No comments:

Post a Comment