Friday, July 5, 2013

Perspective


 
I used to have no idea what this word meant. I mean I knew what it meant literally, but I didn't know what it meant in terms of "real world". I had no idea this one word could change your life forever, and make you step back and re-evaluate your life.
Perspective [pəˈspɛktɪv]
n
1. a way of regarding situations, facts, etc., and judging their relative importance
I have learned in my latter years (I refuse to say older), that everyone is entitled to their opinion or perspective of something. I realize now how different people apply this differently in their lives. I used to think when everyone graduated, that they would all set goals achieve them, and look for the good and others, and lift them up. I believed that you helped the less fortunate, and told the truth no matter the outcome. I assumed everyone around me was doing the same thing. I see now everyone was taught similar things, but it is all perspective on how they applied it in their lives. I see more and more people lifting themselves up, while stepping on the backs of their peers. I see more and more people that talk about doing great things, but are actually doing nothing. I now see the difference between the people talking and the people doing. I understand that everyone’s life is of unique perspective to the individual living it. I often pray for simpler times, and kinder hearts. I think as humans everyone gets too big for their britches, we all make mistakes. You, me, some other guy, a cashier, you name it. I think everyone needs to put this into perspective:
Don't forget your roots, and don't forget compassion :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment