Sunday, June 30, 2013

ME...Honesty is best


After reading "The Bulldog" you are starting to get to know me. I have humor. I blog for fun. I don't want to blog to advance. and have a bunch of social friends to e-bully people I don't like. I want people to like ME. The REAL ME. That is why I have chosen not to divulge my work information. I think it is important to evolve as a person. It is even better to evolve as a person that people like, trust, and can relate to as being human.


Let's face it. It is a social world. Long gone are the days were you made eye contact, shook hands, and built meaningful and professional relationships. This is the best I have got. I have to make this our first meeting and handshake. Then once you know me, and realize how I operate in my personal life and business life morally, then I will eventually real my entire self. I am baffled everyday at the many communities of people that are able to connect on-line, but are totally emotionally and morally DISCONNECTED. I mean there used to be work ethic, now there are entitlements. There used to be integrity, and honesty, now there are finger pointing, and legal threats.



When did we all get so disconnected? I guess I am old school. I am from the working world of sometimes you having to tell the truth even if you don't have the eloquent words, or even if you don't really want to do it. Truth can be brutal but it is the most important thing in business. Truth. Not beating around the bush, and indirectly handling a situation. I mean you have to roll up your sleeves and take truth head on. In the end, it makes for happy people all around. I can be brutally honest, and often times it leads to people putting their hand on their chest and taking a step back. But then they look at my demeanor, listen to me explain how I have been there (believe me there isn't much I haven't seen...) Then they smile, and say, "Wow, thanks for being so honest with me."


It worries me that people take that backwards step and looked more appalled when I tell the truth, than if I turned into a smooth talking forked tongued liar, telling them exactly what they want to hear. I mean I could bundle a pack of lies up in a really cute little designer package to get my way, and then leave you there to open it, to see that I didn't deliver and never meant to.

NOPE. NOT ME. I AM NOT WIRED THAT WAY. If you care to meet and know a real person with old school values, with a hint of new-wave technology backing her convictions, I am your girl.

So I am going to say take care, and have a good day. Thank you for reading my blog. And guess what I am going to MEAN IT.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnsteinb411693.html


:)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment